The Village wishes all area children a safe and happy Halloween. The Village recommends that children follow the following guidelines so they may have an enjoyable and safe evening:
- Have your parents or a responsible adult go trick-or-treating with you.
- Trick-or-treat in groups in your own neighborhood or an area that is familiar to you.
- Wear a costume that makes it easy for you to walk, see and be seen.
- Wait until you get home to eat your treats and have a responsible adult check them first.
- Throw away any candy or food that is not wrapped or looks like it may have been tampered with. If you find any suspicious treats, tell a responsible adult.