Petition Packets for the upcoming municipal election (April 6, 2021) are now available for pick-up at Cary Village Hall, 655 Village Hall Drive. The Village Hall is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
The following positions are open:
- The term of office for Mayor is four (4) years. One (1) open position
- The term of office for each Board of Trustee position is four (4) years. Three (3) open positions
- The term of office for the Village Clerk position is four (4) years. One (1) open position
To qualify to hold office a candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Be a registered voter in the Village of Cary
- Reside in the Village at least one year preceding the election
- Must not be in arrears in the payment of any tax or other indebtedness due to the Village
- Must not have been convicted in any court located in the United States of any infamous crime, bribery, perjury or other felony.
Petition Packets are also available for viewing and printing, along with additional information on the Village's Election Filing Information
Petition filing will begin at 8:30 am on December 14, 2020 and will close at 5:00 pm on December 21, 2020. Village Hall will be open Monday thru Friday's from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm to receive filings.