Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update - 04/01/2020
The Village of Cary has created a dedicated web page for Coronavirus (COVID-19) information, resources and links to assist the public with any questions or issues they may have during this time.
Link to the Village's Coronavirus (COVID-19) web page.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update - 03/30/2020
Per the McHenry County Department of Health (MCDH), as of March 30, 2020, there have been 52 identified cases of COVID-19 from McHenry County and 4,587 cases in Illinois. The MCDH has stated that before MCDH can approve a test for the virus, the resident must first be evaluated by a primary care physician. Please see the press release below from the MCDH.
COVID-19 Testing Guidance
COVID-19 Social Distancing
The Village continues to follow the updates provided by county and state public health agencies on the coronavirus (COVID-19). Village staff have been and will continue to be involved in numerous informational calls with local, regional and state agencies. We are monitoring developments in conjunction with our public safety partners.
The McHenry County Department of Health (MCDH) encourages residents to use precautions in their daily routine to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and to begin developing a plan in the event you become ill. Important information about COVID-19:
- Stay informed by checking the CDC's website and its social media pages for the most recent information
- The State of Illinois has created a centralized website detailing the state's evolving response to COVID-19 and contains news, prevention information, FAQs, and resources
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap is unavailable
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Stay home when you are sick
For additional preventative tips, visit the following web pages:
For general questions about COVID-19, call the IDPH hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email email@example.com
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention - (CDC)
- Illinois Department of Public Health - (IDPH)
- McHenry County Department of Health - MCDH
- The Chicago Department of Public Health - (CDPH)