Latest Information Regarding COVID-19
Free N-95 Masks Available
Masks will be distributed at health centers and pharmacies enrolled in the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program, a nationwide program that relies on such entities to help expand COVID-19 vaccine access. Here's a list of where you'll be able to find a free N95 mask in Illinois, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Albertsons Companies (including Osco, Jewel-Osco and other subsidiaries)
- CPESN USA
- Good Neighbor Pharmacy and AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation’s pharmacy services administrative organization (PSAO), Elevate Provider Network
- Health Mart Pharmacies
- LeaderNET and The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy, Cardinal Health’s PSAOs
- The Kroger Co. (including Kroger, Mariano’s, Pick-n-Save and other brands under the company)
- Piggy Wiggly
- Walmart (including Sam’s Club)
A full list of which pharmacies and retailers are participating in the program can be found here.
Free At-Home COVID Tests
Every home in the US is eligible to have 4 free at-home COVID tests shipped to their residence free of charge. Click here to order your free at-home COVID tests.
If you purchase at-home COVID tests from a retail store or pharmacy, keep your receipt and submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. For more information about free at-home COVID tests and reimbursement, click here.
COVID-19 and the Village of Cary
The Village continues to follow the updates provided by county and state public health agencies on the coronavirus (COVID-19).
The public is able to conduct Village business in person, by phone (847.639.0003) or by visiting the Village’s website at www.caryillinois.com. The following popular services can be done online and/or over the phone:
- Paying water and sewer bills
- Applying for permits
- Submitting a service request
- Paying a parking ticket
- Reporting a concern
Residents may drop payments at the Village Hall drop box. Include your contact information with the payment and the Village will either email or mail the appropriate documentation to you upon receipt.
The Police Department lobby will remain staffed from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Officers may take complaints via telephone when it is not necessary for the officer to meet with the complainant/victim in person, and/or examine a crime scene.
The following services have been suspended until further notice:
- Fingerprint services
- Child safety seat inspections and installations
- Solicitor permit application processing
Residents are encouraged to visit the Village of Cary’s website at www.caryIllinois.com, subscribe to the Village’s Cary News Weekly email blast or follow the Village’s Facebook page for up-to-date information. To receive Cary News Weekly, please provide your name and email address to email@example.com.
Support Our Local Businesses
The following is a list of links and resources which may be available to local businesses. Various government agencies are providing programs to assist small businesses to respond to the financial impacts the COVID-19 pandemic may have on their operations. The Village will provide updates to this page as new information becomes available.
- Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
- Illinois State Treasurer
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- Illinois Restaurant Association
- Illinois Department of Employment Security
- U.S. Department of the Treasury
- U.S. Bartenders Guild National Charity Foundation Emergency Grants
- Internal Revenue Service
- State of Illinois Department of Revenue
- McHenry County Economic Development Corporation
- Cary-Grove Area Chamber of Commerce
COVID-19 Resources and Information
McHenry County Deparment of Health
State of Illinois
Governor JB Pritzker announced the creation of a centralized state website detailing the state’s evolving response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The website includes news, prevention information, preparation efforts, FAQs, resources and more information about coronavirus.
On May 5, 2020 Governor Pritzker presented Restore Illinois, a five-phase plan to safely reopen the state. The state is divided into four regions, each of which could enter different phases of reopening at different times.
What Phase of Recovery is the Village of Cary currently in?
As of January 26, 2022 the Village of Cary (Region 9) is in Phase 5, Revitalization. Click here for more information regarding Region 9 and Phase information.
What Should I Do If I’m Not Feeling Well?
Stay informed and visit http://coronavirus.illinois.gov for further guidance.
For general questions about COVID-19, call the IDPH hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.