Curbside Brush Collection and Free Wood Chips Program
Weekly Curbside Brush Pickup by Flood Brothers DisposalFor regular weekly brush pickup, residents should utilize the UNLIMITED quantity yard waste pickup program offered by Flood Brothers Disposal, which occurs on your regularly scheduled garbage pickup day. Visit Flood Brother's website, https://floodbrothersdisposal.com/cary/cary for more information about their yard waste pickup program,
Twice Per Year Curbside Pickup by Public WorksThe Village's Curbside Brush Collection is a FREE service offered to Cary residents to assist them with their landscape maintenance. The program is designed to dispose of large branches and tree limbs that cannot be collected through regular refuse collection.
Program GuidelinesPickup occurs TWICE PER YEAR; once in the spring (May) and once in the fall (October) on the following schedule:
- North of the Railroad Tracks: Week beginning May 2nd
South of the Railroad Tracks:Week beginning May 9th
- North of the Railroad Tracks: Week beginning October 3rd
- South of the Railroad Tracks: Week beginning October 10th
Volume & Brush Size Requirements
- In order to maintain program efficiency, the volume guidelines are strictly adhered to. The volume of brush placed on the parkway for pickup must not be larger than what can fit into the back of a standard pickup truck. This size is equivalent to 8'L x 4'H x 4'D. The MINIMUM length of brush that can be accepted is 4'L. This is a safety requirement because the brush is put directly into a chipper.
- All brush must be stacked neatly with the cut ends facing the street. Please be careful not to block the sidewalk or the street. If limbs are too long, place them parallel to the curb, separate from the pile.
- Smaller twigs, brush and thorny material are to be bundled or put into the appropriate container or yard waste bags as part of your regular refuse collection day pickup. Root balls cannot be accepted as part of the brush pickup program.
Special Brush Pickup ProgramBrush that exceeds the Village Yard Waste Bag and Curbside Brush Pickup Programs can be disposed of through our Special Pickup Program. To utilize this service, residents must fill out the Special Pickup Form. A written quote will be provided by a Public Works staff member prior to the work being done. The fee must be paid in full at Village Hall prior to the brush pickup. Residents also have the option to take their brush to Algonquin Township's disposal site themselves. You may contact Algonquin Township at (847) 639-2700 or visit their website at www.algonquintownship.com for more information regarding their disposal site, hours of operation and the availability of free mulch.
The Village is pleased to offer mulch for Cary residents to assist them with their landscaping. Mulch produced from the Curbside Brush Pickup Program can be obtained for free at the Public Works Facility, 454 Cary Woods Circle. This is self-service program.