Contractors & Bonds
Each General Contractor and Subcontractor shall register with the Community Development Department. Registration fee is $75.00 annually ($38.00 after July 1st). Does not apply to State of Illinois licensed Plumbing, Fire Alarm and Fire Sprinkler Contractors.
• Each General Contractor and Subcontractor shall provide the Community Development Department with a Surety Bond in the sum of $10,000.00 annually. Does not apply to State of Illinois licensed Plumbing, Fire Alarm and Fire Sprinkler Contractors.
• This Bond shall indemnify, keep and save harmless the Village against any loss, cost, damage, judgments of liability of any kind whatsoever, which the Village may suffer or to put on or which may accrue against it, be charged to or be recovered from the Village or any of its officials by reason of an act or thing done or neglected to be done under or by any virtue of the authority given to such Contractors and Subcontractors.
State License / Registration:
Plumbing contractors shall submit:
- Copy of State License (058- )
- Copy of State Registration (055- )
- A Letter of Intent for each project:
- Original document
- Signed by plumber listed on State Registration
- Notarized or Corporate Seal (if company is incorporated)
NOTE: A licensed plumbing contractor is required to perform all work on:
- Sanitary service within 5’-0” of building.
- Entire water service from building to main, including the tap to the main.
- Fire Alarm contractors shall submit a copy of their State License.
- Fire Sprinkler contractors shall submit a copy of their State License.
- Roofing contractors shall submit a copy of their State License. Contractors working on commercial buildings or multi-family residential buildings of more than 8 units shall have an Unlimited Roofing License.
- Lawn Irrigation contractors shall submit a copy of their State Registration
- Radon Mitigation contractors shall submit a copy of their State License. Contractors working on commercial buildings shall be listed on the IEMA website as having submitted to the State a Standard Operating Procedure in accordance with 32 Illinois Administrative Code 422.
- All Siding, Window and Interior Remodeling Contractors are asked to provide the Village with a copy of their State of Illinois Lead Paint Certification.
- Electricians are asked to submit a copy of municipal Electricians License or ICC Electrical Contractor Certificate