Due to the unusually low Metra ridership during the COVID-19 pandemic, and in an effort to reduce operating costs for the village, a portion of the commuter parking lots in Cary will be temporarily closed during the winter season.
The following commuter parking lots, as highlighted in red on the map, will be temporarily closed beginning the afternoon of Friday, December 11, 2020 and reopen on Monday, April 5, 2021:
- North Daily Fee Lot (far northern lot)
- South Daily Fee Lot (south of Cary Street only)
- Remote Daily Fee Lot (far southern lot)
These lots could reopen for use sooner than April 5, 2021 should parking demand significantly increase during the winter months.
The parking lots highlighted in green on the map and listed below will remain open and available for use:
- North Permit Lot
- South Daily Fee Lot (north of Cary Street only)
- All Handicap-Accessible Spaces
- Free 6-Hour Downtown Lot
The Village of Cary appreciates the cooperation of our Metra commuters in helping to control our costs during this pandemic.