Building permit applications may be submitted via email to: email@example.com (Please note your address in the subject line), or by utilizing the drop box at the Cary Municipal Center.
Building permits are required for most home improvement/remodeling projects. Building permits help to ensure that a project is constructed properly and to code.
Information and requirements are noted in the project information handouts listed below, and may include:
- For site improvement projects, a copy of the plat of survey for your property with the work area and dimensions shown and locating the structure.
- A general description of work to be done
- Contractor contact information
- Plans and/or drawings of the work to be done
Standard residential home improvement permit applications are usually reviewed and processed within ten (10) business days. New homes or additions are reviewed withing fifteen (15) business days. The following standard residential permits can be issued over-the-counter in about twenty minutes if all of the required information is provided:
- Water heaters
- Water or Sewer Service Line repairs
- Windows and Doors
- Furnace and Air Conditioner
Please Note: If you don't see your project listed below, please call the Community Development department at (847) 639-1100 for information regarding permit requirements.