Local Business Relief Grant Program
The Village of Cary is announcing the creation of a Local Business Relief Grant Program to assist sales tax-generating businesses that have been impacted due to COVID-19 mitigation measures. The Village will be providing grants of up to $20,000 to eligible businesses. This program is primarily funded through a $500,000 grant received from the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO). The Village will be providing an additional $100,000 for a total grant fund of $600,000.
Businesses must show evidence that they have suffered a decrease in revenue caused by closing or limiting access to their establishment to comply with COVID-19 prevention directives or to prevent the spread of the virus within the business establishment, or decreases in revenue caused by decreased customer demand as a result of the pandemic.
To be eligible for a grant, a business must:
- Collect sales taxes.
- Have walk-in traffic.
- Not be a home-based business, home-occupation business, professional or medical business.
- Not exceed $4 million in sales per annum, not be a franchise "chain" business, or have more than 4 business units.
- Have been opened within the Village of Cary before April 1, 2020.
- Not be a private club or business that limits membership for reasons other than capacity.
- Not be a business which has permanently ceased operations as of the date the funds are dispersed (businesses that have ceased operations per the Governor's "Stay at Home" order and reopened once the order was lifted or otherwise allowed will not be considered to have permanently ceased operations).
- Not be a government-owned business entity.
- Not be a business that derives at least 33% of its gross annual revenue from legal gambling activities, unless the business is a restaurant with gaming terminals.
- Not be delinquent on payment of any State of Illinois tax obligation.
- Not be on the federal System for Award Management excluded parties list.
- Not be ineligible pursuant to the provisions of 14 IL Admin. Code Part 700.
Applications will be accepted beginning December 28th at 9:00AM and are due no later than 5:00 PM on Friday, January 22nd. The program guidelines and application form are available here. Grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Questions regarding the program or application may be directed to the Community Development Department at 847-639-0003 or via email at CommunityDevelopment@CaryIllinois.com.