- You Are Here:
- Public Works
- Green Initiatives
The Village of Cary is committed to promoting and creating a sustainable environment. Examples of programs and projects focused on protecting our environment and conserving natural resources include:
- Adopt-a-Roadway Program - Keeping Cary Clean: Various roadways in the Village are available for volunteers to assist in the cleanup of litter in the public right-of-way. Partners are acknowledged with a special street sign at the limits of the road that their organization adopts.
- Green Fleet Pilot: The Village has begun a pilot to utilize hybrid vehicles for public works administrative and police non-patrol duties. A 2015 Ford C-Max was added as the first trial of these fuel efficient and reduced emission fleet vehicles.
- e-Recycling: The Village offers e-recycling drop-off at the public works facility for residents only through Flood Brothers Disposal. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Holiday Lights Recycling Program: Each year the Village collects and recycles used holiday lights with drop boxes at Village Hall, the Cary Fire Protection District stations, and the Park District Senior Center.
- Downtown LED Street Light Retrofit: The Village is in the process of retrofitting many of the street lights in the downtown area with energy efficient LED fixtures. These lights use a fraction of the energy and also require less frequent maintenance and replacement by Village crews.
- Other Recycling Options: The Algonquin Township Road District provides several options for recycling, including specialty items during certain drop-off days. Visit their website for more information. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>