Building permits are required for most home improvement/remodeling projects.
For information regarding new residential or commercial construction, you are encouraged to call the Community Development Department at (847) 639-1100 to discuss your plans and the Village's permit process. Development / Impact fees for new construction can be reviewed here.
Building permits help to ensure that a project is constructed properly and to code. Permit applications are available online by clicking on the link below or at:
655 Village Hall Drive
Cary IL 60013
Building Permit Application
Please complete the permit application and submit it with the following information when applicable: Details on required submittal documents can be found in the Project Guidelines & Information Sheets below.
- A copy of the plat of survey for your property, with the work area marked and dimensions and measurements noted
- A general description list of the scope of work to be done
- All contractor and sub contractor contact information
- Plans and/or drawings of the work to be done
- The specification sheet(s) for any equipment being installed
- U factors for windows and size and efficiency ratings of air conditioners and furnaces
Standard residential home improvement permit applications are usually processed within ten business days.
The following standard residential permits can be issued over-the-counter:
- Roof and/or Siding
- Water heaters
- Sewer repairs
- Windows and Doors
- Furnace and Air Conditioning replacement
Please call the Community Development department at (847) 639-1100 with any questions.
Project Guidelines & Information Sheets